Nicoise Salad makes an absolutely delicious light meal.
And it’s a beauty to look at too. So it’s a perfect choice for entertaining.
Many of the ingredients come from the pantry, making it very easy to pull this fuss-free yet elegant salad together.
Stock your pantry with good quality extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, capers, and Nicoise olives. They’re perfect for delightful salads like this one. And they’re all wonderful components of a nice charcuterie tray.
We replace tuna with store-bought rotisserie chicken in this recipe.
It’s as easy as it is delectable.
We always keep plenty of our Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs on hand in the fridge. They’re great to pull out at a moment’s notice. To trim some time, you can, of course, purchase precooked eggs at your favorite market.
But don’t even think of using a bottled dressing, Foodie!
We’ve got a ridiculously easy Basic Bistro Vinaigrette Recipe for you that only takes 5 minutes.
jump to recipe make perfect hard boiled eggs make basic bistro vinaigrette
|Prep Time||40 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup Basic Bistro Vinaigrette
- 3 large Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 pound baby red skinned potatoes can substitute other small potato, washed and scrubbed with a vegetable brush
- 2 teaspoons sea salt to season water
- 1/2 pound haricots verts stem ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken breast meat cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 head butter lettuce washed and separated into leaves
- 6 radishes sliced into wedges
- 10 ounces mini san marzano or grape tomatoes whole or halved
- 1/2 cup nicoise olives drained, can substitute another olive
- 2 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed
- Prepare Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs per recipe. (Recipe link in the ingredients list.)
- Prepare Basic Bistro Vinaigrette per recipe. Set aside. (Recipe link in the ingredients list.)
- Fill a stockpot two-thirds full with water. Season water with sea salt. Place the baby potatoes in the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium or medium-low, maintaining an aggressive simmer.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender. To test for tenderness, insert a sharp knife into a potato. If it slides in and out easily, the potatoes are done.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon or with a spider utensil to paper towels. Important: retain the water in the stockpot.Pat potatoes dry.
- Slice in half and place in a medium bowl. Drizzle with two tablespoons vinaigrette while warm.
- In the same stockpot used to cook the potatoes, bring the water back to a boil.
- Meanwhile, create an ice bath by adding ice and water to a large bowl. Place near the stockpot.
- Add haricots verts to boiling water. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes until bright green and crisp.
- Remove haricots verts with a spider utensil or tongs, placing immediately in the ice bath. Cool.
- When cool, place on a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Pat dry.
- Serve the salad on a large platter or divide among four plates.
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in quarters or with an egg slicer for salad and set aside.
- Plate the butter lettuce.
- In sections, arrange the chicken, potatoes, haricots verts, eggs, radishes, tomatoes, and olives.
- Drizzle with Basic Bistro Vinaigrette. Garnish with capers. Adjust sea salt and pepper to taste.
Check ingredients and/or manufacturer's website to ensure herbs and spices are gluten free.
Recipe courtesy of www.sisterspicekitchen.com © 2018 Spice Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.