Chicken Lettuce Wraps You’ll Crave
Get your healthy on with these Asian-inspired chicken lettuce wraps.
Not only are they delicious… they’re gluten-free, low-calorie, and low-fat.
You can enjoy as an entree or as an appetizer in smaller portions.
While there’s some preparation that’s required for this dish, it’s worth it.
You can store individual ingredients in airtight containers. Then assemble these delicious wraps on demand throughout the week.
Tools for Crafting the Perfect Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Other Recipes You May Like
Blackened Shrimp Salad with Teppan Dressing
Nicoise Salad with Rotisserie Chicken
Southwestern Chicken Salad with Chili Vinaigrette
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 2 cups tamari sauce (gluten-free). Soy sauce can be substituted. Soy sauce contains gluten.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped small
- 4 tablespoons ginger minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 4 tablespoons tamari sauce (gluten free). Soy sauce can be substituted. Soy sauce contains gluten.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablesoon ginger minced
- 2 1/4 teaspoons stevia can substitute 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 lime juiced
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1, 6.75 ounce package vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 cucumber sliced thin into coins
- 1, 12 ounce package broccoli slaw
- 6 scallions sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped small
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
Asian Grilled Chicken
- In an large measuring cup or bowl, combine tamari, extra-virgin olive oil, sesame oil, cilantro, garlic, ginger, shallot, lime juice and sesame seeds. Whisk to combine.
- If chicken breasts are large, butterfly. Pound to 1/2"even-thickness.
- In a medium casserole dish or a large ziplock bag, pour marinade over chicken. Cover evenly. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Alternately heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat. When preheated cook chicken for 4 minutes. With a spatula, flip chicken. Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rest for 5 minutes. Slice on the bias.
- In a food processor, combine peanut butter, tamari, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, red chile paste, lime juice and stevia. Pulse to combine. Add hot water. Pulse to combine.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toast sesame seeds for 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- In a medium saucepan, fill 3/4 full. Bring to a boil. Turn off burner. Off heat, add vermicelli rice noodles. Soak for 10 minutes and drain well. Set aside to cool. Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil. With tongs gently toss to lightly coat noodles. Can refrigerate or leave at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, remove each leaf of butter lettuce carefully from stem. Rinse and pat dry.
- Plate lettuce wraps individually or family style with butter lettuce, chicken, broccoli slaw, red pepper, cucumber, rice noodles, and peanut sauce. Garnish chicken with peanuts, sesame seeds, scallions and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of www.sisterspicekitchen.com ©2018 Spice Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.