These make-ahead veggie egg cups are healthy and delicious. Top with creamy, diced avocado, pico de gallo, and cilantro for a south-of-the-border twist. Enjoy for breakfast or any meal. It’s grab-and-go gourmet at its best!
Tools for Crafting Perfect Egg Cups
Other Recipes You May Like
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||18-20 minutes|
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk keto diets substitute cream
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil for sautéeing vegetables
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup spinach stems removed, discard and roughly chop
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup tomato diced, discard seeds and excess juice
- 2 pickled jalapeno slices diced, seeds removed, optional
- 3 tablespoons monteray jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 medium avocado diced, for garnish
- pico de gallo or salsa garnish, optional
- cilantro minced for garnish, optional
- olive oil cooking spray for muffin tin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place oven rack in the middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil to medium heat. Add broccoli pieces. Sauté for 3 minutes. If broccoli begins to brown, reduce heat to medium-low. During the last minute of cook time, add spinach until it wilts. Transfer to a small plate or bowl.
- Meanwhile, spray a 6-cup muffin pan with olive oil spray or brush with softened butter.
- Evenly distribute green bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, broccoli and spinach in muffin cups.
- In a large measuring cup, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour egg and milk mixture into muffin cups evenly, approximately 3/4 full.
- Top each uncooked egg muffin with 1/2 tablespoon cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Plate. Garnish with avocado, pico de gallo and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately warm or at room temperature.
Egg cups can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Cool completely before refrigerating or freezing. Reheat gently in the microwave or oven.
Updated 1/2019. Sauté vegetables prior to making egg cups.
Recipe courtesy of www.sisterspicekitchen.com ©2018 Spice Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.
Loving all of these beautiful recipes! This one is perfect for visiting guests, thank you!
So glad you’re enjoying the recipes, Adrienne! Thank you! 🙂