Cool as a Cucumber Salad
Cucumber Salad is a light and refreshing summer treat you can make in 15 minutes and enjoy for days to come. It gets even better as it marinates.
With just a few ingredients and a few minutes, you’ll have a healthy, delish dish you can feel good about!
Low-calorie, low-carb, low-fat, and sugar-free… it’s 100% guilt-free, Foodie.
With just the right amount of sweetness, this cucumber salad pairs perfectly with spicy dishes. But don’t stop there. Enjoy it with, or on, your favorite sandwich.
We like it alongside our Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwiches.
A Mandoline Makes Even Easier Work
A mandoline or V-slicer will yield even, thin slices. We like this one by Mueller as it’s very high quality and a steal at only $29.99.
Alternatively, you can use a good sharp knife.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 3 medium cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maldon salt can substitute sea salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia can substitute sugar for stevia (1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Using a vegetable peeler, partially remove the cucumber peel in lengthwise strips, leaving peel between each strip.
- With a mandolin, thinly slice cucumber into coins. Alternately, with a knife, slice cucumber thin.
- In a medium bowl, place cucumber slices, salt and stevia. Stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop dill. Set aside.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Add onion, dill and red pepper flakes to cucumbers. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to 1 hour.
Check ingredients and/or manufacturer's website to ensure dried herbs and spices are gluten free.
Recipe courtesy of www.sisterspicekitchen.com © 2018 Spice Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.