This quick vinaigrette is beyond versatile.
It delightfully dresses a salad and slaw.
Don’t stop there. It is equally delish as a dipping sauce, finishing sauce or marinade. It complements chicken, grilled shrimp, skirt steak, baked fish, vegetables and jasmine rice. Yum!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 minute|
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small shallot peeled with core ends removed, can substitute 2 tablespoons onion for shallot
- 2 ounces canned mild greeen chiles
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey For sugar-free alternative, replace honey with 1-2 additional tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Mince garlic. Sprinkle sea salt on minced garlic. With the back of a chef's knife press into a paste. Place garlic paste in a blender or a food processor.
- In a blender, add cilantro, shallot, green chiles, lime juice, red wine vinegar, and honey. Begin blending on low and increase speed to medium. Gradually add the oil. Alternately in a food processor, process in pulses. Season with sea salt to taste.
Nutritional Notes: This recipe is Low-Carb Convertible. Replace honey with 1-2 additional tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
Stores well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Before serving, bring to room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of www.sisterspicekitchen.com ©2018 Spice Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.