A nice champagne vinaigrette pairs beautifully with bold salad ingredients.
It’s great on any salad, for that matter. But if your salad features spicy or sweet components… the light acidity enhances those ingredients without overpowering it.
We serve it on our Arugula Pear Salad with Spiced Walnuts and Goat Cheese.
The balance of the peppery arugula, sweet pear, and walnuts… together with the champagne vinaigrette will blow your mind.
Our recipe incorporates walnut oil, which is optional; but, we recommend it. It adds a unique flavor profile that makes the dressing extra special.
If dressing a salad that leans savory, without the sweetness of the pears and walnuts… you can add 1 tablespoon of honey.
Great for entertaining or everyday… make it and marvel at your easy gourmet creation!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 1 quarter small shallot finely minced, approximately 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar can substitute white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grey sea salt can substitute favorite salt, adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine minced shallot, champagne vinegar, salt, and pepper. With the lid on, but lid plug removed, begin blending and drizzle walnut oil and extra virgin olive oil. Gradually increase speed until emulsified.
- Or place all ingredients in a mason jar with the lid on and shake. (note: the dressing will not be as emulsified as blending).
May we suggest? Try this vinaigrette on our Arugula Pear Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese.
Recipe courtesy of www.sisterspicekitchen.com ©2017 Sister Spice. All rights reserved.