The peppery bite of arugula enlivens any salad.
Pair it with the sweetness of seasonal pears, candied nuts… and the lightness of goat cheese with our champagne vinaigrette… wait, WOW!
Our Arugula Pear Salad with Spiced Walnuts and Goat Cheese may not be the quickest recipe… but it’s so worth the time.
It’s a fantastic salad for any Thanksgiving or holiday menu.
But we don’t stop there.
We enjoy it as an entrée salad, often adding small roasted turkey breast cubes and bacon bits. It makes for a heartier, whole meal salad that’s crave-worthy.
We use our Simple Pumpkin Spice Blend on the walnuts. But you can purchase a pre-made blend to save time.
Tools for Perfect Pear Slices
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 2 ripe pears thinly sliced
- 1 lemon squeeze over sliced pears to prevent oxidation
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Prepare the champagne vinaigrette per recipe. Click the ingredient link above. Set aside.
- Prepare the spiced walnuts per recipe. Click the ingredient link above.
- After preparing the champagne vinaigrette and spiced walnuts, slice the pear thinly and squeeze lemon juice on the flesh to prevent oxidation.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula and spinach with the champagne vinaigrette and plate individually.
- Top with a portion of the pears (thinly sliced and fanned on side of salad). Sprinkle with spiced walnuts and crumbled goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Check ingredients and/or manufacturer's website to ensure spices are gluten free.
Make ahead notes: Prepare the vinaigrette and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Shake or whisk to reconstitute and bring to room temperature before serving. Prepared spiced walnuts will keep in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks. Freeze them for up to 6 months. Slice pears just before serving to avoid oxidation. Assemble as per instructions above.
Recipe courtesy of www.sisterspicekitchen.com ©2017 Sister Spice. All rights reserved.